PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flexjet Europe starts up
View Single Post
Old 11th Oct 2019, 14:51
Above The Clouds

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TinFoilhat2
Why do you say trapped for 2 years, bigger is not always better? There are a lot of benefits to flying a Nextant around Europe. You may find you love the flying and destinations on a Nextant.

The only real benefit to being on something big like the G650 is if you want to move on to airlines (in my case I want to escape them) or you have a desire for long haul flights but that’s really it.

Money will be better on a bigger jet which is the only reason I would consider it due to having a family to support but would be perfectly happy to fly around in a Nextant.

All my Jet types are between 40T and 100T and there is nothing special about flying them or fun, especially for airlines.
Never mentioned the airlines, my commercial career has been corporate for 25 years and the last 15 years on medium to long range aircraft were the money is better than airlines.

The plan was to join an operator based in Europe therefore the Legacy seemed like a decent aircraft to move to, I have no desire to fly a Nextant with a cramped cockpit, small cabin, no real bathroom, no apu or pressure refuelling.

That is what I meant by being trapped, on a smaller biz jet type with no guarantee of moving back to the larger type.