PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thomson recruitment.
View Single Post
Old 11th Oct 2019, 11:58
macdo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Lazydogg

I am 100 percent certain I know what the TUI FOs I have spoken with today would say to that. Those same TUI FOs who have waited patiently for command opportunities that are scarce enough as it is. Apparently some of them (up until 1330ish today) have heard nothing yet from the CC. If that’s true, it’s a disgrace in my opinion. If TCX pilots want to join TUI then they should be joining at the bottom of the list as FOs like the existing guys and girls did. Some of the FOs don’t even know if the CRB has sat yet, and what it all means in terms of their potential career progression going forward.
I have always shrugged my shoulders and said “decent career move can’t knock it” when many an FO I’ve flown with over the last number of years has said they are joining TUI. For what’s it’s worth I won’t be anymore if this shambles goes ahead. I wish no bad on the TCX guys, but I genuinely feel for the guys in the RHS at TUI.

Its absolutely wrong and you know it MACDO. Would this have happened in TCX if the roles were reversed?
I don't really want to get into a spat over this and if you read the next half dozen posts below your own, it covers pretty much all the views applicable to the circumstances. To answer your question directly, in my (long) service this has happened on two occasions which affected me directly. And to be honest, my feathers were ruffled for a short while, but at the time, the rapid expansion of the airline dragged everyone in its wake and the feathers were soon unruffled. If TUI was in a period of stagnation I would be in total agreement with you, but TUI is growing and with the demise of TCG it has the potential to grow very fast indeed. Or else J2 will suck up the business and everyone else will be up a creek. If you get new aircraft that require 50 Captains but can't train them yourself, this is a nil sum game for the existing FO's at worst, and a faster promotion at best. I can tell you one thing for sure, I would far rather go this route than suffer the indignity of creeping ACMI. Just ask the displaced TC crews, all recent, who's work was being done by ACMI. That is the thin end of a very dangerous wedge. All the best.