PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2, Tui Or Ryanair?
View Single Post
Old 10th Oct 2019, 13:17
SeaBreeze1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I left RYR for TUI 2 years ago after a 7 year stint. Do I miss it? God no. 7 years of not being able to get a mortgage due to the questionable tax-dodging self employed contract I was on, a month's unpaid leave every year which of course was not the month you wanted. Zero pension for 7 years of my career. 12-hour standbys under house arrest which you don't get paid a penny for unless you get called. Command upgrades requiring a "mandatory base move" even though my UK base was desperate for commanders. Meanwhile senior TRE's telling me I should stay put because the package they're on is amazing and that could be me one day...pass the sick bag. It's only now I realise how soul-destroying 5x 4 & 6 sector days are compared to the 2 sectors I fly now - i'm actually enjoying my job and my spare time more since I'm not spending it sleeping. It's stockholm syndrome at it's finest - some at RYR will tell you how good it is (I was one of them!) but you simply don't realise until you break free. Things may have changed there since, but I can only reflect on the reasons why I left at the time.

I can only speak for TUI, but I believe at J2 life is also a massive improvement.