PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LOT Polish Airlines hiring
View Single Post
Old 10th Oct 2019, 11:10
White_Eagle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Intrance
I work a lot with Polish crew, quite a few from LOT themselves and they all tell the same stories about how you don't want to be a foreigner there and even toxic cultures among Polish crew regarding hierarchy and rank. And if you can make more money in Poland working for Ryanair Poland or Wizz... I think you are doing something wrong as national carrier. I am at the moment making more money on a regional jet left seat than I would in the right seat or even a lot of cases in the left seat of a LOT 787. And I am living in a country that is not really much more expensive in terms of living costs...

Originally Posted by jollyRoger123
Well said booze ! if they should mention before hiring if they want polish speaker, instead hr will promise you anything you want to hear to make you join.
I have no problem with the fact people speak polish in common areas as it’s theyr national airline , but in the flight deck I expect that everyone should speak the same language so to be on the same page. Unfortunately most of the briefing are held in polish and generally there is a very unprofessional attitude and bad Crm from old pilots.
Not to mention that as non Polish you ll never have a career here and you will never be upgraded. Confirm toxic environment not worth for what they offer.

Hi there guys,

could you please elaborate on that? I already heard these stories many times about polish crews. Is there some examples? It seems LOT has a CRM culture with old captains and old senior cabin crew members that come close to "CRM-hell" in Turkish carriers.

Thanks!