PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 1975 Cessna Citation 500
View Single Post
Old 9th Oct 2019, 16:49
what next

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hello!

Originally Posted by nestarcyon0909
If it worth 1100$, then i would look into it ( search for a airplane engineer who can look it etc.)
I know a guy who buys old planes from scrpyards (not 45 year old Citations but 20 year old Boeing 737s and A320s which can be had for the metal value!) and converts the nose sections to flight simulators. To a guy like him thie plane could be worth 1000$ maybe. But he still would have to cut the wings off, drain all harmful substances like ten year old jet fuel slush and rotten hydraulic liquid from it and dispose of them properly (which alone will cost a four figure sum) and truck it from Hungary to his workshop which will cost another 5000 Euros or so,

If you ask Pratt and Whitney about a pair of engines that were not operated for 10 years there will be only one reply: Immediate overhaul (unless they were preserved in an approved mannr). Depending on the amount of damage that can cost anything from 300.000 to 600.000 Euros. Per engine.

Don't think any further about this plane and rather let it be the problem of the owner...

NB: If the seats are still in good shape (and don't smell as one can expect from an aircraft that has been left to rot outside for a decade - the pictures do rather look like that) you could use them to set up a home cinema in your living room. They are more comfortable than cinema seats and will cost about the same... I don't see anything else that could be done with that plane.