PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mt Cook and Air Nelson contract
View Single Post
Old 9th Oct 2019, 04:46
KiwiAvi8er

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ElZilcho

In 6 years at Air NZ, I’ve averaged about 20 slots per year on seniority. Even at 80:20, how long will it take number 600 on the RSL to see a Jet?

Being last on a list of 600 is going to take forever to get on the company jet fleet regardless, I'm sure most of them plan on getting an ATPL and leaving if they need to expedite themselves in to a jet.

Lets not beat around the bush, the “Job security” was sold on the back of Eagle by a bunch of Senior Link Pilots to the juniors who didn’t know any better. Most (if not every) recently hired Link Pilots I’ve flown with have admitted they dodged a massive bullet getting hired before RSL came into effect... now that they’ve done the math.
Shock horror, guys who were hired just prior to the RSL process are happy they got in before it changed. That isn't a startling revelation....

Before externals were hired in droves, Link pilots had their turn, amazing how quickly people forget that... when Link Pilots we’re getting interviews as soon as their bonds were up. Some with as little as 6 months Command time.... others with none!

Just wait until the next expansion (Jet or Link)... we’ll see just how much loyalty is worth when the company is faced with parking aircraft.

A group of tired Link Pilots who can’t pass a jet type rating and require “stress leave on MBF” got their cake, so who cares about the next generations aye?
How many haven't passed a type rating out of interest since you keep bringing it up? I know of one person.....there's nothing like a stereotype and innuendo though.