PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mt Cook and Air Nelson contract
View Single Post
Old 9th Oct 2019, 01:08
ElZilcho

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by KiwiAvi8er

Nope the bigger picture is employment with Air NZ so there won’t be another Eagle debacle. Job security is more important to the people actually affected by it so I can see why you don’t think it matters.

If the company has zero loyalty to Links yet have just taken on direct employment of them please explain how we were better off the ‘old way’? Getting Jet seniority at a ratio of 80:20 to externals seems better than “externals flooding in as per the norm” and not getting seniority.
In 6 years at Air NZ, I’ve averaged about 20 slots per year on seniority. Even at 80:20, how long will it take number 600 on the RSL to see a Jet?

Lets not beat around the bush, the “Job security” was sold on the back of Eagle by a bunch of Senior Link Pilots to the juniors who didn’t know any better. Most (if not every) recently hired Link Pilots I’ve flown with have admitted they dodged a massive bullet getting hired before RSL came into effect... now that they’ve done the math.

Before externals were hired in droves, Link pilots had their turn, amazing how quickly people forget that... when Link Pilots we’re getting interviews as soon as their bonds were up. Some with as little as 6 months Command time.... others with none!

Just wait until the next expansion (Jet or Link)... we’ll see just how much loyalty is worth when the company is faced with parking aircraft.

A group of tired Link Pilots who can’t pass a jet type rating and require “stress leave on MBF” got their cake, so who cares about the next generations aye?