PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cargolux details requested!
View Single Post
Old 7th Oct 2019, 16:43
Time4You

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by limahotel
Hi,

if any of the First Officers would be able to answer the following questions, I'd be very grateful. According to the latest Collective Agreement:

1. what is the maximum duration of a rotation and how many consecutive days off can you get?
2. What would be the expected (total) gross salary (including per diems, all of the allowances)?
3. Is the time to command still roughly 10 years?
4. How does the part time scheme look like?

Thanks in advance!
The length of the trips depends on many factors, but the most important one is seniority. Yet the biggest problem is rostering. CC is extremely creative interpreting the CWA and obviously, not to your benefit. Happens to everybody and is very stressing. Trips extensions, sometimes more than a week, could happen. Personally, I never went beyond two weeks on the road.

Yet there are some crew controllers that are fair and square, I must say. Very unlikely the aforementioned policy is going to change. Being a part-timer could or could not help. Despite the improvements, many guys are leaving, to KLM and AF, I believe. Young guys, former b-scalers, are fed up after little more than two years. They don't give a f@#k anymore. From that to burn out is, in my opinion, a small step.

As per job security, Cargolux in particular and Luxembourg as a country are very strong at that. Even at its worse times, nobody was sacked due to economic reasons. The fellows at the helm at that time (2000s) reasoned that if people were dismissed, the potential candidates in the future would not trust CLX anymore and thereby, CLX would find problems recruiting. Yet those aforementioned managers are long time gone. However, I do not believe that this would be different if it happens in the future. In the worst-case scenario, unemployment salary is paid by the country of residence and there is an enormous difference between Germany, Belgium and Luxembourg, for example. That is a detail not to miss.

As per time to upgrade, I heard through the grapevine that Rolls-Royce engined aeroplanes are leaving soon. The -400s in the next couple of years. No news concerning new -8 nor a second fleet. I have not the faintest idea if that could mean a fleet consisting, solely, on -8s. This would impact CLX Italia, for sure. On the pro side, in the next five to ten years plenty of colleagues are going to retire. My take: expect 15 at least.

I hope I’m helpful.