PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Looking for a honest opinion
View Single Post
Old 5th Oct 2019, 01:06
KT1988

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@Hogos: I believe the best option would be to try to find some more easy to access flying job if it is not easy to get an airline job as the first flying job. If you do not wish for example to get an FI rating to teach as an instructor then there are different advertisements about jobs for different turboprops used for business I even saw one advertisement for a commercial Cessna 172/182 pilot flying at the German coast. I believe the point is to keep flying instead of sitting idle.

As for P2F well if people pay 100 000 Euro ++ only for 0-ATPL in some place with a fancy name then its totally understandable that someone else rather pay for example 80 000 Euro for modular 0-ATPL + TR and hours on jet aircraft. The point is that its hopefully possible to stop at paying 40 000 Euro (+possible type rating) and instead become for example FI or try to get some of the different other flying jobs to improve the CV.... but if someone want it quickly (and miss out on flying different aircraft and enjoying different kinds of flights) then its their choice. But at least someone should try first the "front door" to all airlines in the whole Europe before being sure that it is really necessary to pay for line training.

I do actually believe part of the people paying for the first airline pilot experience pay before they try everything possible. Or maybe they believe that they will fail before even trying. Since I saw a lot of people right after getting their CPL(A) with IR/ME/PBN + MCC/JOC, getting an airline job immediately (last persons got jobs at LOT) plus I heard about one instructor who could get a job at Regional Jet but did not want to actually (instructor salary is probably higher, but still it was a job on a jet aircraft where the airline is paying the pilot + paying for type rating). So the amount of people who pay themselves instead of being paid (even if its not a great salary) would suggest that people are really not trying all their options before they believe its necessary to pay.