PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - B17 crash at Bradley
View Single Post
Old 3rd Oct 2019, 16:08
B2N2

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by neilki
With respect, and a conversation I've had with our fine ATC colleagues offline; relaying details OF any emergency is third on a list of the one thing I care about. Flying the airplane. ATC have a tendency to get very inquisitive and often we don't have time to relay multiple requests for the same information.
In the immediate vsh of the departure airfield ATC are perfectly capable of looking out of the window and exercising their judgment without taking valuable attention of a crew likely (likely in this sad case) to be working at their capacity.)
I was flying in the NE yesterday afternoon and there certainly was wide awareness over the radio of Bradley being mostly closed.

Especially in an airplane without FDR/CVR I think it’s essential you communicate the nature of your emergency even if it’s only to give a clue to the NTSB where to start looking.

Im sorry and with all respect but “return to the field to blow it out” does not tell me anything.

“Return to the field, engine fire number 4” is exactly the same number of words and takes the same amount of time to communicate.