PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Looking for a honest opinion
View Single Post
Old 3rd Oct 2019, 10:03
Hogos

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking for a honest opinion

Good morning folks !

I would like to ask a personal opinion to people.
I don't want to write 100 pages about my history, but now I have to take a decision, that I don't know if it is worthy or not.
My heart says to "go" but I'm not sure if I'm taking the right "path".

Because the market now is not really good for what concerning new fresh pilots, and I sent thousands of application, maybe in the wrong period, when RYR was leaving people at home, and when other airlines were taking pilots from companies went bankrupt, etc. etc, now I'm looking for a programme that "offers" A320 TR and line training.
You might be thinking "look another guy going to P2F", my real question is can it be considered a P2F scheme, when they provide the line training ?
The reason why I'm asking this question is because, I'm not really paying to fly, because during the line training I'm still a "student", there is an instructor with me and a safety pilot, so the company has a high cost on that flight.
Different story could be told in case I'm conducting an airplane in normal operation, being a "full" first officer.
I know that should be the hiring company to provide the TR and the line training, but unfortunally we are facing a weird period.

I've seen loads of MPLs programs, with exorbitant prices, in CAE / CTC, much much more than conventional modular/integrated courses, so are those courses inclusive of a P2F in disguise ?
I'm my opinion yes.
I know, they guarantee the job at the end, so there is a valid reason to spend that amount of money, but again what I'm doing out in the open, MPLs cadets are doing secretly.
I've noticed by flipping through the forums, that P2F is considerend the problem of aviation, and people paying for these schemes are like the aviation "demons" that destroy the market.
Ok, but in my very personal opinion, airlines that open their own academies, looking for 150k to get the job, is the same dish.
For this reason now people doing their own journey, by choosing the school, sending applications, and looking for interviews themselves are screwed in this market.
So it looks like that I'm making my own MPL, without anything guarantee of course, but it's still my choice to take this risk.

What do you think ?