PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Unemployed (as pilots) fATPL holders
View Single Post
Old 3rd Oct 2019, 09:39
parkfell

de minimus non curat lex

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This THREAD is starting to go around in circles. Undemanded pitch, yaw, and roll has commenced.

1. Those who obtained a licence and didn’t do well during the training are the most likely not to be employed by an airline. If they stayed in aviation, then instructing is a possible option. Or ground job?
Very few are likely to admit that they failed to put in the necessary effort, and tell all on pprune.

2. Those who have a passion and are medically fit to fly, will succeed. It might take a while, but succeed they will.
I know one Virgin 747-400 Captain who told me in 1998 that he had 17 (seventeen) flying jobs before joining Virgin. Started instructing and worked his way up.

3. The critical requirement is PASSION, together with a significant amount of determination, forgoing much to focus on only one thing. Jumping through the series of hoops before crossing the finishing line.
The analogy I used is joining the church; you need to believe in GOD.

4. Timing is of the essence. Right place at the right time often plays a large part in getting that lucky break.

5. Market forces. Supply and demand. We are seeing a shift at the moment with the demise of some operators.

6. The better junior birdmen will succeed. The weaker ones will die on the vine. Natural selection in play.

The cyclical nature of aviation (7 years) is a fact of life. Choose aviation as an occupation wisely.