PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Duty At Airport - Its Definition and Use (EASA)
Old 2nd Oct 2019, 15:34
Intrance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by B737900er
Intrance - My situation is not as bad as yours, and if you're doing a split duty then accommodation must be provided. A DAA still means your on duty.
I found my company is using DAA as a poor man's airport standby, Sitting around the airport for 6-8 hours. I agree EASA need to be more clear on what a DAA is.
Unfortunately, as far as our crew control department is concerned it is not split duty as they are not using the break on the ground to extend the FDP. Another shady grey area of EASA FTL. If it walks and talks like a duck...

They’ve tried other tricks similar to DAA before, calling us out from a hotel standby, giving two sectors, keeping checkout time at the end of your original standby and then using the gap between your last sector end until checkout as another standby. So you could go to the airport for two sectors, get a call for two or three more 20-30 minutes after on block of the second sector .

Anyway, I’ll start my own thread in due time when needed. Apologies for the highjack.