PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Duty At Airport - Its Definition and Use (EASA)
Old 2nd Oct 2019, 08:07
Intrance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I hope you don't mind me picking this up a month or two later, but I'm dealing with a somewhat similar issue and thought I'd try here before opening another topic. I'm working for an operator that has fairly recently found out they can save money by providing as little accommodation as possible and messing with duties. As a result we now regularly have 6+ hours of no activity in an airport away from home base after operating one/two sectors, and before positioning home or even operating a second/third sector. No crew room, no airplane to sit in, only hard crappy airport benches (if any are free). No accommodation provided since it's not a split duty as it neatly fits in one FDP without needing to extend anything.

These situations don't really fit neatly into EASA ORO.FTL as far as I can tell but they do affect fitness for flight. I was wondering if more of you are dealing with this and in what way?
have a pretty clear idea of my intention for the next upcoming duty like this. Just wondering if it is getting common and how others are dealing with it. Just feels like EASA FTL needs a bit more hard lines drawn instead of vague terms.