PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Birmingham-7
Thread: Birmingham-7
View Single Post
Old 28th Sep 2019, 20:47
OltonPete

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Berlin

Originally Posted by ZULUBOY
My wife and daughter are due to fly to TXL on 27th December (me and my son are taking the train) and we've had no notification of cancellation or rearrangement yet
Sorry to hear that Zuluboy and I am sure there would be quite a few affected by Berlin and Milan (Still in the TUI timetable for next summer).

It can be a typically shabby method used by some airlines to remove flights from the system on a Friday but not announcing it publicly before eventually getting around to telling the passengers, whilst all the time your money in their bank account. I am not say that this was deliberate by Flybe but it has been known to have happened before with other airlines.

The usual pathetic excuses airlines offer, is that you can't expect IT systems to be synced or updated so quickly or the flights are not actually cancelled just under review. The former would take competence and organisation and although it is not always easy to do depending on the quality of your IT systems but of course it benefits the provider a little to keep your money as long as they can.

However as yet in Flybe's case it could have been an unforeseen major IT malfunction rather than beneficial timing to give the social media team and customer services a quiet weekend..

I suppose we will have to give them the benefit of doubt if the flights were only taken off sale Friday, I suppose it isn't too unreasonable if they email you Monday but still lame in my opinion.

EDIT some flights reappear Feb half term which is odd as these are not summer flights but business flights and Berlin of course December is really popular so something is up with the IT
Pete

Last edited by OltonPete; 28th Sep 2019 at 21:26.