PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA pilots vote to strike
View Single Post
Old 28th Sep 2019, 06:48

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vokes55

Originally Posted by Vokes55

People line up to join BA because they believe flying a bigger chunk of metal or putting a picture of their hat and British Airways name badge on their Instagram page named “xxxx_the_pilot” or “pilotxxxx” is more important than T&Cs and pay.

And this is why things will never improve. There will always be a steady stream of personality vacuums willing to join BA simply for the opportunity to boost their self-importance and get the validation they never had in the real world, at the expense of those who have a life outside of social media. The management know this.
A bit harsh. I used to work for BEA then BA and also did a stint in BA Airtours. We always got some stick in the holiday destinations from the other charter guys, usually good natured. There is obviously a lot going on in the industry that I am not party to. But what seems clear is that management is determined to change the status of pilots "into glorified busdrivers". A backward step for one will eventually affect all. Best of luck to you all, you really need to support each other. By the way I have done some time as a BALPA rep and sat across the table from BA management. They are not interested in the long term future of the company. We were.