PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Skytrans expanding?
View Single Post
Old 27th Sep 2019, 22:05
Look Mum - no hands

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Paragraph377
I lived and worked in FNQ for 25 years. It is lovely how Skytrans went tits-up once before, and blamed all and sundry for the collapse other than Management itself, who were to blame. Ironically the Commercial Manager from Skytrans Mk 1 went across to Westwing/Skytrans Mk 2 as CEO. Now he suddenly departs and the Engineers are made redundant. So much for being loyal to the locally employed engineers. Shame on Thurston for allowing this to happen also. And so much for ‘community spirit’. Interestingly CASA have been all over Skytrans Mk 2 much the same as they were crawling all over Skytrans Mk 1. History repeating itself??
While I feel for the engineers who have lost their jobs, I struggle to see this as a "Community Spirit" / local issue - the work is going 200m up the road, not overseas! If outsourcing the maintenance makes the operation more sustainable, with engineering staff picked up by other AMOs, then it could be the best thing for multiple sectors of the FNQ community. (I don't really expect it will, but that's another question. Time will tell.....)