PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Annoying habits
Thread: Annoying habits
View Single Post
Old 27th Sep 2019, 10:10
mike current

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by terrain safe
Not listening at all, especially when really busy and the aircraft is number 1 at the hold, or at a 2 mile final and they are called with no answer. Today 1 aircraft was called 3 times before answering when inside 2 miles from touchdown. Surely you must be expecting a call!!
Not listening on the GMC frequency so increasing the workload. I know you have lots to do for your quick turn around, but if you listen you might get there quicker.
Stop sniffing at a runway high speed exit and then slowly taxying to the next exit. Not only anoyying and delaying everything but also might mean another aircraft has to go around due to you wandering down the runway. Get off the runway asap!!
Stopping on the runway and then turning really slowly down the high speed exit. Just be glad we don't have live microphones!
Calling on GMC that you are approaching where you have been told to hold. I know you are, but there is something either in your way, or about to be, so stop wasting RT time.
Asking to roll to the end as it's easier for you when you can see about 10 aircraft at the holding point witing to depert. As one pilot said on the RT recently when this very request was made by a company aircraft "numpty".

Most pilots are fine and get there and help us out, but the ones who don't......
I don't think that attitude helps getting pilots on board and being helpful.