PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stansted-3
Thread: Stansted-3
View Single Post
Old 24th Sep 2019, 09:43
JW95

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by STN406
Welcome to PPrune,
BACF flights have used both SAT1 and SAT2 in the summer season. Yes EZY and RYR are the main operators from SAT2 with all the domestic flights and operators using it to. LS haven’t used SAT2 in this summer season.

Their are plans to full update SAT2 and 3 in the ‘Stansted Transformation Project’ but because of local government issues some plans have been put on hold for now. Hopefully when this is resolved plans will start to role again and construction works will begin.
Many thanks STN406. I didn't realise that BA had been using stands on SAT 2 during summer seasons. Very pleasing to see that current plans include a full refurb of SAT 2 and 3- I'd flown to PSR from SAT 2 back in July, and it looked as if the place hasn't been touched since the early days of the BAA venture, with jet bridges darkened, light fittings on the jetways missing/not working, lack of passenger amenities (e.g. airline lounges) except a small WH Smith/Express Weatherspoons. I've also found it odd that there aren't other airlines making use of SAT 2 (e.g. jet bridges, I haven't seen these used for years now). So definitely welcome the news that these areas will finally be updated, given that it is MAGs ambition to make STN the 'London airport of choice'. Are there any links to the STN transformation project detailing these plans? (sorry for all the questions!)