PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Belfast International-2
View Single Post
Old 24th Sep 2019, 09:17
West Brit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by EI-BUD
West Brit,
So Ryanair have virtually exited the market (granted a lack of new ac issue, but ostensibly we can infer that low yield as its been scaled back in favour of more fruitful pastures), Aer Lingus have axed their 2 sun routes and you feel that this would be an attractive opportunity for Wizz?
The most suitable candidate to scale up is Jet2. An extra unit is completely plausable, however, all airlines will be looking at the wider opportunities in the UK, I.e. MAN, GLA, LGW etc. So that could pose a challenge in adding capacity, pity about Aer Lingus' timing.
​​​​
I would say that Jet2 will place additional aircraft to MAN, GLA, NCL before BFS.
Ryanair are having a wee winter rest.
A based aircraft for a sunshine operation doesn't work at BHD - too constrained. I would say that is why they have vacated. For instance there was a late arrival last week diverted in BFS, I don't know how many times this has happened. The costs involved must wipe any profit on that flight. The knock on effect was nearly a 2 hour delay to the flight the next morning.
These cancelled flights will be picked up by current Belfast operators. They don't want all the seats just the cream. Maybe they would operate a W pattern into BHD originating in BFS but more costly to do so why bother.