PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mooney 2POB missing west of Coffs Harbour
Old 22nd Sep 2019, 21:52
Sunfish

Received 89 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by The name is Porter
ATC's in this country are working under ridiculous liability constraints. Although covered by Vicarious Liability they are stringently trained on just what 'advice' they can and cannot give. If they can't give a clearance, they can't.

E over D. That's where your corridor is Sunny. Does it work at Avalon? From a VFR pilot's perspective it does, does it work for a Jetstar pilot? Does it work from a controlling point of view? Cultural change is the biggest issue with E over D.
Worked fine when I’ve used it. Unfortunately the RAA can’t use it without a full PPL, I think.

Regarding my “air pollution” comment, I have only evidence of this in maritime situations - a number of ships pilots used to go berserk when confronted with a small vessel using shipping channels. One ranted on VHF about this, called them “pollution” (I heard it) was recorded, and eventually dismissed. I have a suspicion that there are professional pilots who deeply resent having to share airspace and that they have a disproportionate voice in airspace planning, but I have no direct evidence.