PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thomas Cook-2
Thread: Thomas Cook-2
View Single Post
Old 21st Sep 2019, 12:31
MDS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not sure why TC should receive a penny of taxpayer money as a bailout. I'm staunchly against privatizing profits and publicizing debts. There's no sentimental value when it comes to business; you don't get to run a staggeringly unprofitable company and get to be bailed out by taxpayer funds just because you happen to have a name that's over a century old. The largest shareholder is a Chinese company, and it's abhorrent to think glorified gambling (the stock market) should be insured by taxpayer funds when things go wrong. Quite frankly; tough.

This forum is a rumour network -- it's in the name. People are free to speculate, that's the purpose of the site. Of course they shouldn't be unsubstantiated rumours, but quite frankly if the viability of a billion pound business is on such shaky legs that a few posts on a rumour forum are enough to kick the bucket, then that's also tough.

Lastly, I feel for the front line staff as they had no input into the business strategies that TC opted to pursue. If things go badly I wish them the best of luck in getting stable employment with a stable company, so they can focus on doing what they do best. If Thomas Cook are able to turn things around, I also wish them the best of luck in future profits and viability -- for their staff, and their customers.

Last edited by MDS; 21st Sep 2019 at 12:36. Reason: Changed "in" to "and"