PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vueling 2019
Thread: Vueling 2019
View Single Post
Old 21st Sep 2019, 11:29
vikdream

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by fpuentegomez
You guys want bonds? The solution is easy, NOBODY, I repeat: NOBODY TAKE A JOB THAT REQUIRES PRIOR PAYMENT OF THE TYPE RATING.
Oferta-demanda. Supongo que ahora que estarás razonablemente bien colocado es fácil hablar. De todas formas mirando en tu historial, aplicabas desesperadamente antes a RYR y EZY en tus tiempos mozos. La primera cobraba prácticamente el doble por la HT de lo que "pide" Vueling además de ser el "killer" de la aviación europea, y la segunda por el estilo. Además ambas tenían las condiciones más horrendas de la industria, el pago por hora, conocido como Flexicrew en Easyjet. Claro ejemplo de "donde dije digo, digo Diego".*

Originally Posted by smthngdffrnt
21000€ up front? Vueling? Race to the bottom..
It is fairly clear that TC's have deteriorated over the years, but reducing that to paying a TR or not is fairly unfair. Cadets pay an absolute fortune to join BA and yet they are take pride of their jobs. Iberia new joiners are starting to pay their TR and yet they fly the national flag carrier prouder than ever.*

As far as I am concerned, Vueling will soon sign a new Collective Labour Agreement that put them in line with other major airlines in terms of TC's. Potential earnings might even be higher than in the national flag carrier, so I am not sure whether putting the TR payment in the equation will make Vueling look as a "bad place to be".

"Race to the bottom" was accepting to be paid solely by duty or flight time or other major catastrophes that have occurred in the industry. If paying for TR was so cruel we would have to go back to the days where MCC started to be required by the airlines, even to the date in which the first pilot self-funded his or her studies. Most of us have, but we do not complaint about that even if it the ATPL is 5x times more expensive (usually) than the TR itself.

----

I do not know why many people seem to hate Vueling in a open manner. I know people who are extremely happy there, mostly the ones who live near the place they want to live in. It works for many, and the airline is solid and probably one of the only ones that will be around in the future with so many of them going under. Yes, it has not had the best reputation maybe but it happens to be one of the only airlines negotiating a good increase in TCs, so no "race to the bottom" involved, mainly the opposite.

I would suggest that this post is meant to be for constructive information regarding the airline and not as a little speakers corner where some users can vomit their frustrations in public, especially where they themselves have demonstrated opposite behaviors in the past.

​​​​​​​