PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thomas Cook-2
Thread: Thomas Cook-2
View Single Post
Old 20th Sep 2019, 14:46
pholling

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CEJM
Pholling, sorry to pick on you. Nothing personal, I promise!

Even if TC would know at this very minute that they will no be operating on the 1st of October. They will still continue the mantra of business as normal. As mentioned previously, Monarch was sending out optimistic messages until we got the email informing us that the company was placed in administration. Even though 24 hours earlier the price of each flight was increased by £100 to discourage the public from booking flights. When I saw this price increase it was pretty clear that the company was going under, yet we still got the business as normal emails. The company would not have increased the prices if they thought that 5ere was a remote chance we would still be flying 25 hours later.
Not taking it personal at all. I was giving TC more of a benefit of the doubt on when they would 'throw the towel in'. The main reason is that it is illegal to knowingly sell ATOL protected holidays that cannot be honoured. Not saying that there is much means of enforcing this either. That being said, TC are still offering some pretty good deals on ATOL protected holidays. If you are willing to take a punt that the holiday will be cancelled and you will get your money back, or that you might have to be repatriated whilst on holiday they may be worth it. Especially for those in the later Oct, Nov timeframe.