PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Baltic information
View Single Post
Old 20th Sep 2019, 08:12
QuentinB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi everyone.

There is a lot of truth in what is said by @Jabulani and I am someone with a bad experience, just facts after 1 year there.

Fixed roster is only for DEC Q400 but you lose bidding yes and the captain bonus (of course they can't play with you so no bonu), but I know a CPT who choose it and he is happy. So to switch to CPT A220 they promise 18months (after line check) and if they can't respect it (bonus).

Concerning A220 :
No fixed roster at all ! 4days off in a row granted a months (not always when you want them... bidding is a dark world).

Summer is crazy to be honest, we are short of pilots so never bellow 85 block hours (from May to October included) with 8 days off or 7, about 10 to 15 nights outstation and no vacation during this period...
In winter it's more 5/2 5/4 5/2 and less nights outstation (I had 5 max)

Life in Riga:
As said above, moving to Latvia with a Familly can be a challenge as FO A220 with all the nights outstation, late CheckOut and early CheckIn around days off etc etc, so it's hard to commute as well , or you aren't from far away and close to airport.
Riga city is very nice, I like it a lot, in summer is super cool to just seat on a terrasse with friends etc.

As a conclusion I would say that to built quickly hours and experience it's a good company, working in a multi culture environment is a good point, but your social life will be reduce for sure..

Good luck,