PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF AUS Letdown: Australia's highest paid Company CEO.
Old 20th Sep 2019, 00:42
777Nine

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LeadSled
Folks,
The facts are really beyond question, the unregulated monopoly pricing allowed major Australian airports owners is a serious economic problem
At the National Press Club today (and I thought Joyce spoke well and for once I agreed with almost everything he said) he laid out in detail what the intransigence of Perth airport on charges is costing WA economy across the categories, and I know, independently, that the figures he presented are credible.
He illustrated what the difference is compared to Heathrow --- all charges are independently set --- NO unregulated monopoly profits. He well and convincingly made the case that Australian airport charges generally are way out of line.
The Perth "case" is true, across the board, the way he ripped into Canberra airport made many in the room squirm, as he put the detailed case for the high airfares into/out of Canberra --- showing in detail the airport charges and their proportion of typical fares, and why no Jetstar in Canberra --- airport charges make it un-viable, and I believe him, in this case.
Tootle pip!!
In Australia, we pay top dollar to be inconvenienced.