PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How Would YOU Run QF?
View Single Post
Old 19th Sep 2019, 23:37
Street garbage

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by gordonfvckingramsay
Cost cutting has created such inefficiencies that it’s all getting expensive, or about to.

•Ageing fleet maintained via deferral.
•Engineering on demand-aircraft go late because you wait for an engineer to finish up on another aircraft.
•Late aircraft miss slots, hold, passengers miss connections, and faith.
•Outsourced staff treated like sh!t do a half arsed job, your product is sh!t and it shows.
•No one does anything extra, like they used, to as it will go unnoticed and ar$ehole managers are already working day and night finding new ways of exploiting staff.
•Memos telling staff how valued they are only serve to anger staff who are clearly NOT seen as an asset and rather a commodity.
• Safety suffers and eventually the aggregate of poorly kept aircraft, contractors doing a bad job, angry and demoralised staff who are just plain buggered and a CEO who will publicly trash all your years of hard work.......all adds up to the inevitable accident.
• Finally, your only stock in trade (we haven’t crashed one) has evaporated.

How would I run QF?

•Sack the board and reintroduce people who actually know the business.
•Absorb the outsourced parts, back into the airline.
•Shift my focus from destroying my workforce to promoting them.
•Cut exec salaries to something more in line with the norm.
•Lead from the front, inspire staff to follow.
•Get out more and understand the business at the ground level, not just the board level.
•Stop the spin and the facade bullish!t, no one believes it.
•Give Australia an airline to be proud of again.

Its not hard, you just need to take the corporate blinkers off, have some decency and a lot of humility, none of which we’ve seen for a very long time.
Says it all really, QF needs LEADERSHIP.