PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA pilots vote to strike
View Single Post
Old 15th Sep 2019, 08:09
Blackfriar

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
BA Management

Originally Posted by RetiredBA/BY
Time for Cruz to go. He took over, or was given an airline to run, which was in good shape hence the 2b profit, no thanks to him. In his brief time he has:
1. reduced to share price to near an all time low.
2. Managed to precipitate the first pilot strike in the airlines “ 100 year “ history with the most incredible solidarity.
3. Has dumbed down the short haul product.
4 Picked up a huge fine, 183 m, for IT incompetence, the biggest penalty ever imposed by the ICO.
5. Managed to precipitate trainers and even managers to resign.
Now, compare that with the superb business performance of the late Sir Colin Marshall, who had the onerous task of vastly reducing staff numbers to get BA into shape, which he and Lord King certainly did. That said, Sir Colin managed to retain the respect of virtually all employees, and I have never heard of any unpleasantness levelled against him.

Its a long time since I was a BA pilot but I am an IAG shareholder, hoping for a nice gain when Cruz leaves as happened when Ayling left.

Time for change.

I agee with your points about the peformance but not about "Colon" Marshall as he was known. Lord King did the hard work of turning the airline round and reducing the workforce with compassion. Colon's style meant people turned up to work at Speedbird House and found their personal effects in a box outside their office meaning they had been fired. He also instituted the seagull management regime where senior managers did a job for 2 years, crapped on the staff and were then moved on to gain experience elsewhere. The whole airline would have worked better if the 4th floor had been demolished or sealed off with the SMs and Directors left to play with themselves while everybody else got on with running the airline. Colon was one of the least respected CEOs by the staff.