PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australian pilots can work for US regionals.
Old 15th Sep 2019, 01:24
AP3XS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Hans Solo
Hi...when you say you get a $10,000 bonus if you have a type rating on an aircraft above 5700kg...do you mean any aircraft above 5700kg or the aircraft they are type rating you on?
Any aircraft type rating, not necessarily an E145.. As for if it has to be on your FAA licence at the time of hire or just on your CASA licence - I have been told different things. At this stage I do not have an FAA licence and will get one when I do my check ride in a couple weeks. I do however have a couple of type ratings on my Australian CASA licence.

All the contracts I signed did not specify that the type rating had to be on an FAA licence so I guess I'll find out when I get my bonus. Though if I don't get the $10k, I'm not going to be happy. The reason they pay it, is because if you have a type rating then you have gone through sim training and as such should be easier to teach than say someone who has only flown single engine pistons etc. so it shouldn't matter. Nevertheless once I get my FAA licence it will have my previous type ratings on there as well.