PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MAX’s Return Delayed by FAA Reevaluation of 737 Safety Procedures
Old 11th Sep 2019, 19:15
Fly Aiprt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by grizzled
Although I generally agree with the first sentence in your post, in this case I agree with Fly Aiprt. No one is saying that a decision maker's family is at fault, and certainly no one should ever threaten a decision maker's family. But... every "accountable executive" would do well, when considering SMS and the balance between safety and profit, to ask themselves the question, "Am I satisfied that I am NOT putting profit or share price above safety". One way to personalise such safety concepts -- and one's own commitment to them -- is to "gut-check" whether you would do anything differently knowing your own close friends or family were the recipients of your decisions.
Thanks for that, grizzled.
I would add that the decisions of Boeing and the FAA dearly impacted hundreds of innocent families whose only fault was to trust the planemaker and regulators.
What did they do for those families after the crashes ? Incriminate the pilots, and move their cases to Indonesia in order to compensate less.

They would keep their own families "out of this", but the flying public is invited to put their own families on board...
I for one wouldn't board any of those 737 MAX unless I have witnessed Boeing and the FAA's top brass flying around the world with their best beloved...