PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - My dream - advice please (collective thread)
Old 11th Sep 2019, 12:53
CMM92

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Advice

Hi folks,

I’m relatively new here. First off, I want to say that this site has been immensely helpful.

I am 26 years old. My dream, since childhood, was to be a pilot. Unfortunatley, along the way, I had been ‘put off’, regarding the funding needed.

Fast forward a number of years, I have reclaimed that desire to become a pilot, it is frequently on my mind. Recently, got a decently paid job (Design Engineer) and now looking for that dream to become reality. My dilemma is, regarding my current role, I am contemplating, switching another role, within the company, to help save the necessary funds. The new role would require frequent travelling, but accommodation and other expenses, will be covered for, by the company, therefore allowing me to save a good amount of funds.
I previously applied to he 'Aer Lingus 2018 FFP' program and the 2019, but withdrew this year.
I aim to complete my ‘EASA Initial Class 1 Medical’, within the next 2 months. I want to start my PPL, soon, but I’m unsure of which school/club to join. I will want to gradually make my way to become an airline pilot. I am from Northern Ireland.

Last edited by CMM92; 11th Sep 2019 at 13:49. Reason: New details