PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA pilots vote to strike
View Single Post
Old 10th Sep 2019, 23:03
RoyMunson

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I honestly thought it would never come to this. I reckon the company never thought the pilots would have the cojones. Apparently CRC was like the Mary Celeste over the last couple of days. High 90% not turning up tells you something. I reckon the company were thinking worst case half wouldn't show and then we'll try and run the programme on the 27th and break the strike.
How wrong they've been. The unity shown is quite remarkable to be honest. After years of telling the leadership team and management of the complete disconnect between the two they are now forced to listen. I guess it's been a long time coming.
I should imagine the top, AC, WW etc have discussed how much short term pain they can take to wipe out BALPA and the pilot's, and therefore send a clear msg to anyone else in the IAG group. I think their aim would be to re-write ALL the agreements and completely shaft the workforce going forward.
I reckon it'll be 'who blinks first' on this.
I also think making punitive sanctions on those who have 'gone out' is only going to harden the resolve of them and others.