PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin recruiting soon...
View Single Post
Old 9th Sep 2019, 17:05
Rostermouse

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cessnapete you asked the same thing in July a few pages back, and got told the same answer. Axe to grind?

VA_RHS: Fleet is based on seniority, though the 350 EIS has jumped a few pilots stuck on the 340 temporarily, and the 78 issues have dragged out the 340's retirement slightly. All pilots new to the Airbus or VAA fly the 330 first then do the 350 course after min hours/time in seat. So I expect some 744 folks will end up on the 'bus but equally lots will end up on the 78. Not for a couple of years though.

Hiring process straightforward but there is lot of competition, and the recruitment window never needs to stay open for long before they get the people they need. All the requirements will be detailed in the recruitment info when it is next posted. I wouldn't put 100% faith in the 'recruitment is now open' email working, just keep checking the website. Not having the hours will likely be a handicap I'm afraid, but your never know.

757_D & Rex, sorry you've come to your conclusion about BA/VS just slightly too late this time, but if you know anyone on the inside who might put a good word in it's always worth trying the recommend-a-friend route. Good luck!