PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways Seat Upgrades for crew
View Single Post
Old 9th Sep 2019, 06:35
wiggy

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Kibathepilot
I was just wondering is it actually possible
for partner airline staff to be upgraded for free by crew on board and what the procedure is? Would it be a case of politley asking the SCM onboard at the door if its possible and showing airline ID or is this not actually a thing thats possible.I work for one of the partner airlines and
I know we can get standby tickets but our staff travel policy is a bit vague when it comes to BA so was wondering if any crew or anyone could help out with this as if possible would love to upgrade somehow.

thanks
There's no "procedure" and if you are on a commercial ticket then TBH it's probably not even worth asking or hinting that you are airline staff: Any upgrades done onboard are subject to monitoring at head office and the SCCMs are aware that at some point they may be asked why an individual was moved....

TBH these days even BA's own staff using standby tickets on BA flights are unlikely to gain any, err, "advantage" ..(please don't shoot the messenger, please don't blame the frontline staff )

Obviously any staff ticket with a J class priority gives you a much better chance of getting something "nice".

Last edited by wiggy; 9th Sep 2019 at 08:06.