PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Defence under a Corbyn Government
View Single Post
Old 5th Sep 2019, 18:20
Imagegear

Received 28 Likes on 12 Posts
You're going to follow the Germans..............................
Although I considered Belgium, I decided that it would not meet the ideological criteria.

WOPT

If you consider your point to be that a realignment of defence strategy and direction is "fanciful", then I must assume that you do not accept the necessity for the defense posture of the West over the last 70 years. The Western Powers did not continue their drive through Germany at the end of the war that resulted in a divided Germany. Equally the infamous wall did not need to be built to keep Western troops from invading East Germany, but rather for keeping millions of Germans trapped inside a communist cage. Poland resisted a German invasion but still crumbled under a later invasion from Russia, ditto Czechoslovakia, etc. "Liberation" is not a realistic interpretation of events.

Following on from the recent grab of Crimea, where do you suggest that the next "Liberation" will occur?: Lithuania, Estonia, Latvia, Poland, Finland?

I respectfully submit that you may wish to reconsider your proposal that these narratives be consigned to JB simply because they do not align with your alternate view of reality.

Further:

I have never owned a rifle so no requirement to join any organisation similar to the NRA .

IG

Last edited by Imagegear; 5th Sep 2019 at 19:00.