PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Australia : 315 Million Loss - How long can they survive?
Old 5th Sep 2019, 13:21
The Bullwinkle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Arthur D
Servo - its not about what’s fair, its about whether you want a job or not.

Your company is bleeding money right now. If not corrected it will be fatal ie you will loose your job.

It doesn’t matter whether you think you caused the problem or not. If you demand more money, you are simply making the problem worse and hastening
your own unemployment.

If you decide to ignore management and the inevitable occurs, they will move on and find other roles. Have a look at the careers of some of the senior ex AN managers after the collapse - Ahmed Fahour, George Frazis being 2 examples.

You on the other hand will find that your unemployment has been a gift for Junior Qantas Group pilots who will gladly take the promotion you have helped them get.

I think your union is being very sensible.
Agree 100%.
Paul has had to make some tough decisions to cull 750 superfluous positions that were created under the previous regime.
I’m very certain that a lot of these positions are totally unnecessary within this organisation but I also recognise that we all need to play our part to remedy the situation or else we’ll all be out of jobs.
I can say right now that I will personally vote for the current EBA to be rolled over and I believe that the unions do have the long term survival of the company at heart.
We no longer have a self serving CEO in charge but rather, a company focussed CEO who is doing his absolute best to untangle the mess he has been handed and I believe that we also have a part to play to ensure our long term employment.