PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Australia : 315 Million Loss - How long can they survive?
Old 5th Sep 2019, 05:24
Servo

Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts
I will probably never have met or will meet any of the 750 affected. Although losing your job is horrible (been there a few times now) hopefully they can find meaningful employment elsewhere and quickly.

I know there are a number of Flight Crew management that should be shown the door instead. Some of the above comments certainly apply. Sorry, but that is the truth.

@summer lovin they have come to the party and quite a number have been getting command bypass pay for quite a while, whilst never holding (obviously) or held a command. Dont get me started on integration or date of joining.

We ALL must remember it was NOT our doing or decisions that got us here. Those responsible have mainly left with very nice bank balances. Some to leave shortly.

I just received an email from the union stating the company wants to defer the NB EBA for 18-24 months due the "financial announcements and 750 redundancies" as being the underlying reason.

Nope, not our decision(s). Not our problem. Why should it be brought onto the NB crews shoulders as is usually the case.

Can see the NB group rolling over as usual though.