PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Loganair-2
Thread: Loganair-2
View Single Post
Old 4th Sep 2019, 17:32
BAladdy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Rottweiler22
Sadly, I can't imagine Loganair being in the market for more bases. Especially English ones. As perfect as MME would be for me, I can't see it happening. I would have thought the best chance for a new Loganair base would be DSA, given the opportunities open to them following flyBe pulling out. Still, this is fantasy. Any more routes and airports will probably be serviced remotely from their northern UK bases.

I see the NCL-ABZ is now running. Direct competition between Loganair and Eastern Airways. Just minutes apart too. I spoke with a dispatcher in ABZ today who commented that the Loganair jets are already taking more passengers than their Eastern Airways counterparts. Surprising, given the NCL-ABZ route hasn't even been going a week. I also took the opportunity to speak to a few crew. EA crews have been told that Loganair's numbers will eventually dwindle and the route will be too thin to operate jets on. Loganair crews seem to think their cheaper fares and better reliability will bring the passengers. All in all, it should be an interesting few months for both Loganair and Eastern.
Interesting to hear that LM’s flights from ABZ to NCL are already carrying more passengers than T3. It will be interesting to see if both LM and T3 plan to continue to operate up to 3 x daily when they release there S20 schedules.