PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Glen Buckley and Australian small business -V- CASA
Old 4th Sep 2019, 08:55
glenb

Received 70 Likes on 36 Posts
Is this fair part 3 (maybe the lkast in the series. cant promise!

Saturday 31/08/19 9.42AM Email simultaneously sent to CASA Regional Manager and CASA Industry Complaints Commissioner.

Subject : Potential impact of CASA actions, on Glen Buckley’s livelihood. Saturday 31/08/19

Dear Mr Jason McHeyzer. I am writing to you in your role as the Regional Manager for CASA. I note that you are also a Subject Matter Expert (SME) on my matter. You have perhaps, the most comprehensive knowledge of any person within CASA. You have been involved since the very beginning and been involved throughout. The handwritten notes that you left with me after our meeting way back on the 29/11/18, clearly indicate that you were acutely aware of the impact on me and my business back then.

You will not refute; all my engagements with CASA personnel on all matters regarding my employment as the CASA approved CEO, a CASA approved HOO, and currently in the role of Standby HOO, have been conducted by me, in a highly professional manner.

My primary concerns are “safety, compliance, and the very best outcome for anyone affected by this current issue”. I have significant “personal” differences with CASA at the moment, but my professional conduct in the work place in all CASA engagements has been exemplary. I have been warm, engaging, courteous, respectful, supportive, and professional.

I have not compromised my professional integrity at any stage. You will not disagree.

You are aware of my view on Organisational ethics. I have an expectation, in any organisation including my own, and CASA, that when ethics, safety, or procedures are being compromised; as Professionals, we must make a decision. A decision to stand aside from that process and show leadership and integrity, or a decision to become complicit. I sent the following email to you last Thursday morning. It has not been acknowledged, and I do require it acknowledged.

“Dear Jason,

Can you please advise or confirm that during the last 3 days you have not sent any correspondence to any Employer or potential employer that could potentially impact on any current or future employment for myself. Please advise by 5PM today, to assist me with future plans for me and my family. I call on you to provide that, rather than require me to make a request under FOI.

Glen”

To be frank. If you have made such a decision and taken such a course of action, then you have over stepped the mark. You are aware that this process has cost me everything. If you have taken any action to affect my future employment, I have a reasonable expectation that you can justify that on legitimate grounds.

Therefore. In the interests of protecting my reputation, I have advised you that I have made a Freedom of Information request for that information to see if any such correspondence exists. This correspondence is also being submitted simultaneously to the Industry Complaints Commissioner. I will provide CASA the “first right of refusal”.

If the CASA ICC chooses not to deal with it, I will go to the Commonwealth Ombudsman.

My complaint.
If the Regional Manager, has taken action that may affect my opportunity to derive a livelihood, that should be based on justifiable grounds related to
· Safety, or
· Compliance, or
· My professional conduct, or
· Medical grounds.

I should be involved in any such correspondence, and I should at least be made aware of it.

Expected results from the ICC

I be provided with a copy of such correspondence if it exists. If it exists, CASA issue a public apology to protect my professional reputation. The ICC clearly state if this action by the Regional Manager is a breach of any stipulated procedures.

Thankyou, Glen Buckley