PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Southampton-2
Thread: Southampton-2
View Single Post
Old 4th Sep 2019, 05:52
PDXCWL45

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rog747
No wonder SOU and Flybe have little competitive future - Lazy management and exorbitant fares.

I want to go to Leeds -

Just had an email today from BE saying 100,000's of seats from OCT 1st from £35 - Great I thought...!
SOU for me is superb as I can get the direct train from West Dorset.
Go to the BE booking engine and you cannot get a fare to LBA (on a non-stop flight) for under around £160-200...(£500 if you want a fully flexible!!)
If one wants to go via Belfast taking almost all day (0800-1430, with a 3 hour stop over in BHD) then you might find a fare for under £70...

Go to BA.com and using my Avios I can get Club Europe (with the Galleries Lounge, plus a nice hot breakfast onboard) for £0.50p - but I have a 2 hour drive to LHR
You need to remember that the LBA route is Eastern Airways not Flybe so probably isn't included in the sale.
I read this thread a lot and I wonder if the expectation is too high for the airport and SOU is around the passenger numbers it will always be around between 1.5 million people and 2 million passengers a year with the route network it has being the network it can sustain. I do know that my local airport would kill for quite a lot of what Southampton has with airlines and routes.