PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 12 Squadron
Thread: 12 Squadron
View Single Post
Old 3rd Sep 2019, 23:35
Easy Street

Received 75 Likes on 34 Posts
You will be looking for the President of the 12(B) Squadron Association rather than the Squadron itself. The Squadron has only recently reformed, so will be unlikely to have any funds to offer since they won’t have been collecting tea bar dues for very long and they can’t spend public money on veteran support.

The Association may or may not be able to help: some Squadron Associations are well-endowed, others can barely afford their annual mail shots. I’m afraid I’m not up to date on 12(B) Association matters and don’t know who the current committee members are. The Association website has not been updated since 2014 and to the best of my knowledge SW has long since moved on. @mod.uk email addresses expired a while back; you could try the same address @mod.gov.uk to see if you get him. If not there is bound to be someone on PPrune who can give you a name.

In the meantime: have you approached the RAFBF or RAFA? Those should be your first ports of call for any welfare issues involving current or ex-airmen. They have money for those in need, and importantly can give a professional service that the Associations emphatically cannot.