PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stig goes drone fishing
View Single Post
Old 1st Sep 2019, 13:18
Obidiah

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Ixixly
Honestly nothing that innovative about what they've done, haven't pushed any boundaries that haven't already been pushed.
You think??

I dare say that the fact this took them 2 years of trials and testing to get to the stage they did likely indicates they started from scratch with little functioning knowledge of the problems and solutions to those problems that would have to be overcome.

To undertake any complex project that you are unfamiliar takes a degree of personal inventiveness and as Peter Gibson stated in the media... well that's a first for Australia.

Those that belittle or mock these guys probably have never scratch built anything of significance.

Don't get me wrong here I believe CASA are quite right to have a word with these guys and point out a few things, that is there job after all, I hope they leave it that though. If we were to impose the view that only those with the way with all and time to undertake a similar bold project in full compliance with the myriad of red tape and regulations then we would kill the spirit of inventiveness and likely in time end up a country of people that can't build much at all of any significance. If you doubt this then have a look around we've arrived there.