PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AIPA or AFAP FOR JETSTAR
View Single Post
Old 1st Sep 2019, 09:54
Capt Colonial

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Time will tell!

Headmaster, with respect, not the way I read the Fair Work Act 2009 in regards to Bargaining Agents!
From my quick appraisal, I understand that for employees who are members of a trade union (I guess that means the AIPA), the default bargaining representative is their trade union (AIPA) unless the employees appoint another person or persons.
  • Employees, however, can generally appoint whoever they wish as their bargaining representatives.
  • Persons so appointed are specified in writing, as bargaining representatives, by the employees who would be covered by the E.A. agreement.
Thus, it would appear that the QPA members etc have appointed their Bargaining Agents and have apparently already had meetings with Qantas regarding the Longhaul E.A and Project Sunrise meetings.

Having found a copy of the E.A the following sections 1. (1.2.3) Parties Bound, 9. (9.3) Consultation, and 10. (10.1.1) I.F.A’s, would tend to underline to some degree the Fair Work Act scope and intention in this area?

You may be correct regarding the AFAP I am not sure if they could be involved at all at this time? Of course time will tell!