PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Norwich-2
Thread: Norwich-2
View Single Post
Old 1st Sep 2019, 06:27
NickBarnes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mike Flynn
I do not bash Norwich for the sake of it.

There are some wonderful small airports I frequent around the world. Most of the commentators here are airline spotters and ‘enthusiasts’ but not pilots. In reply to Nick I suggest you take a look at why Norwich Airport gets such bad reviews. I speak as someone who has spent a small fortune on fixed wing and helicopters over 35 years across the globe. I think that entitles me to post fair comment.

You post as a non pilot on what is a pilots forum.

What I do take umbrage at is the rip off airport development fee that has delivered nothing in over a decade.

Norwich is par for the course compared to many third world countries I visit.

As a so called ‘International ‘ airport it is a joke. Less space than the nearby B and Q shed and the facilities are abysmal. The management don’t care because the general public are peripheral to the industry they serve in the North Sea.

The two major players that keep the place operating are the oil and gas industry and KLM. Both are interrelated in terms of a business model.

What impact Brexit will have on KLM remains to be seen.

If KLM ever close their Norwich operation the airport is finished.
Indeed I was a non pilot until recently when I recently qualified thank you very much and I don't think I need to justify this to you for something I worked so very hard to achieve throughout my life. The rudeness of yourself and the fact you come to a conclusion about someone beggars belief, have you ever thought that pilots can be spotters etc because guess what they love everything about aviation hense why they are a Pilot. I'm proud at what I have achieved and feel very lucky to be able to do it at this time in my life. I went back through your posts as you did mine and the most notable thing (among many questionable posts) is under the name Jay Sata you said you haven't been to Norwich Airport for years so honestly why you still post about it (everything negative) is frankly insane as it really shouldn't affect you now.

But anyway enough is enough of this as it's like bashing my head against a wall.

PS I enjoy using the 2 Costa coffee's both airside and landside, the world duty free and also the 2 Whsmiths that opened both landside and airside now, the new navigator pub all opened in the last year, certainly haven't seen those at third world airports. Oh and if Norwich with 3/10 on Skytrax means its third world then I hate to think what Stansted or Luton is like at 2/10.

​​​​​

Last edited by NickBarnes; 1st Sep 2019 at 07:09.