PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates (EK) Interview - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 31st Aug 2019, 20:29
aviation_enthus

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by directimped
You are missing the point. EK is not a legacy airline which allows low experienced FOs to sit in the right seat for 10-15 years and gain experience that way. Instead you drag yourself from one duty to the next then hope to upgrade after 3 to 5 years. The experience levels in the left seat are plummeting, so who are the next generation of even less experienced FOs going to learn from? The turbo prop driver?

Total hours don't mean anything, but for an operation like EK , prerequisite should at least be some sort of previous widebody, maybe international type ops of a similar nature. Unless of course there was a robust training programme in place, which there isn't. I'm not at EK anymore, so I don't care, but I certainly won't be putting myself or my family on EK again after what I have seen at that place
No it’s you who is missing the point. The experience levels of new hires at EK was lowered years ago when the changed it to allow CRJ/ERJ drivers, then Ryanair/Easyjet f/o’s with 2500 hours. If you think T/P drivers are the ‘tip of the iceberg’ with lowering experience levels, that ship sailed long ago!

As was stated to you, doesn’t having former command/Check pilot/training experience mean anything? Yes it’s not about total hours, but if someone is capable of that level in a reasonable airline, I’ll happily sit next to them without ‘widebody international’ experience.