PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FAA License Conversion Advice: Regionals or I Pay by myself??
Old 31st Aug 2019, 18:09
amonghtus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rudestuff
This guy sounds like a dreamer. Under EASA you cannot command an Airbus without at the very least an ATPL and in most cases at least 3000 hours. So to claim 1000 hours PIC with 2000 total is obviously nonsense. Under EASA all of those jet hours should be logged as P2 so if he's trying to pass off pilot flying time as P1 he'll be laughed out of his next job interview.
Yes you are right rudestuff. I am a dreamer. Also, in the airline I work for, we reference PICUS as PIC. We even enter it as such in our JAR-FCL log book. So, until I received clarification on this forum, I was unaware that most of my PF hours are actually considered SIC. That's why I am here and asking for advice via this forum. Making comments like I'll be 'laughed out of his next job interview' seems a little unnecessary and definitely unhelpful. I appreciate all of the help and useful advice that I have received on this forum. But comments like yours are just a bunch of hot air.