PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flexjet Europe starts up
View Single Post
Old 31st Aug 2019, 14:00
CaptainProp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by EatMyShorts!
CaptainPropGermany will be in a recession in Q3 of 2019. And most likely there will be a hard Brexit, as the clown from the Thames has taken control of it. France is not doing great, either. Don't let me start talking about Italy.

I don't find the timing of Flexjet Europe's re-launch very well thought out, they are 4 or 5 years late. I hope they will not become another Jet Republic.
Germany will NOT be “in a recession in Q3 2019”. That’s simply not correct and not realistic.

The IMF is even predicting increased growth in Germany for 2020 compared to 2019.

https://www.imf.org/en/News/Articles...onomic-outlook

Yes there is a lot of uncertainty in the world, especially in the Middle East, but Saudi and OPEC is and will continue using oil price / production much in the way the banks have been using interest rate to stimulate the economies in the world. They need to sell oil and don’t want the “west” to go in to a recession.

As far as US / China relationships go Trump’s little trade war is all good and helps him pushing his agenda. But once this starts biting him in the @ss in the form of declining US economical numbers he will make deals with China again and all will be forgotten. A US strong US economy is what’s keeping him in the Whitehouse, and he knows it.

“Europe and Central Asia: Regional growth is expected to firm to 2.7% in 2020 from a four-year low of 1.6% this year as Turkey recovers from an acute slowdown. Excluding Turkey, regional growth is expected to grow 2.6% in 2020, slightly up from 2.4% this year, with modest growth in domestic demand and a small drag from net exports. In Central Europe, fiscal stimulus and the resulting boost to private consumption will begin to fade in some of the subregion’s largest economies next year, while growth is expected to modestly recovery to 2.7% in Eastern Europe and moderate to 4% in Central Asia. Growth in the Western Balkans is anticipated to rise to 3.8% in 2020.”

https://www.worldbank.org/en/news/pr...ial-risks-seen

CP