PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CASA Flight Instructor’s Exam
View Single Post
Old 31st Aug 2019, 07:51
The name is Porter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We can go at this for as long as you want. One thing, the longer it goes, the more 'big words' you use. Must be running out of/losing the argument.

What it comes down to; The FAA Handbook does NOT prepare a future instructor for teaching a person to fly. Placing this obstacle in a Grade 3's path has no worth whatsoever. If you truly want to have 'teachers' teaching people how to fly (and I wouldn't object to this) then set tertiary education as the start and a DipEd as the Grade 1 standard.

But no, we'll just do an arse pluck, we won't look at contemporary learning methods, we'll take the lazy way out, we'll use a text that we had no input to (after all, Australian Aviators are the world's greatest) and we'll peddle it as a cure all for declining instructor standards.

Best of all, we'll have 'flow through' instructors, people who have no intention of making a career out of instruction, running off to the shiny jet, becoming experts in Flight Instruction. Whingers who couldn't give a fat rats clacker about the student, so long as the 500 hours ME Command hits the log book. Making comments like this:

If i desired an arduous workload whilst being paid peanuts, I would have stayed in GA.
There are instructors making good money in GA now. You must not have met the standard, that doesn't surprise me.