PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EasyJet-5
Thread: EasyJet-5
View Single Post
Old 31st Aug 2019, 07:34
EGAC is Better

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Dct_Mopas
All laid out here, if hotel not provided then reasonable expenses can be recovered for accommodation.

https://www.easyjet.com/en/terms-and...-cancellations
There is also the section about rebooking that says:

re-routing, under comparable transport conditions, to your final destination at the earliest opportunity;
Being offered an alternative two days later should not be considered the earliest opportunity IMO. They’ve already been called out by the authorities this summer for not proactively rebooking passengers on other carriers per the rules.

I had a cancellation at Gatwick recently. Information provided was shocking, there were no alternative easyJet flights from any London airport until at least 24hrs later and those were quickly hoovered up.

Fortunately I didn’t play their ridiculous game. While everyone else on my flight got shouty, I booked onto BA out of Heathrow early the following morning and got home many hours faster than easyJet could have offered on their own services. Claim is still pending but my understanding is they will be required to reimburse the significant fare difference, my transport to Heathrow and my overnight accommodation.