PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific Cadet Pilot Programme
View Single Post
Old 31st Aug 2019, 06:24
Alvin Cortazar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FPmr1
Hello forum
I am a HK resident and am planning to do the CX cadet program going in with NO flying experience. I was hoping I could pick your brains and help others in my position in the process.

What kind of questions can I expect to be asked in the interview?

For some maths is not our best subject, any recommendations on what's math subjects will be covered in the interview process and maths test? I hear tale of a COMPASS test??

Any apps or downloadable content we can use to practice the apptitude tests?

Should I expect trick questions? What was your experience?

To what extent should my knowledge on aircraft mechanics and aerodynamics be prior?

Am I overthinking this (retorhical question)

I am aware of the obvious such as showing passion for flying and company knowledge and how the interview process changes. But if there's other things I may have missed please let this forum know it would be extremely helpful.

To others in my position if you want to study together please message me or leave an email, I'm hoping to put my application in June/July 2018.

Thank you forum
I submitted my application this month and their reply was I had submitted my flight crew application and kindly update application for personal and professional details using my PRN (Personal Reference Number).
Regarding the maths according to the Preparing for Your Cathay Pacific Interview, all 16 multiple choice questions and all covered were long multiplication and long division, algebraic expression and word problems.

Downloadable from the internet, see the following sites.

PDF Drive
Epdf. PUB
Scribd.com copy URL of the specific book then paste on Dlscrib.com and/or Scrdownloader.

Math Subjects

Math Word Problems Demystified
Math Word Problems Express Review Guide
The Power of Vedic Maths

The aptitude test COMPASS test use SkyTest software preparation. Cathay Pacific uses Cut-e test and i purchased SkyTest online and with no monthly subscription fees and only one time payment for less than 5,000.00 PHP.

I also downloaded the 14 ATPL knowledge
FOR the simulator I just familiarize myself with the Boeing 777 Flight Manual. The technical exam or the tech quiz posed by Cathay Pacific is based mainly from the book Handling the Big Jets by D.P. Davies and Fly the Wing by Capt. James Webb and Bill Walker.
See also the Intelligent Television and Video www.itvv.com for the Cathay Pacific Boeing 747-400 or can be viewed from YouTube.

Hope found all useful resources.